Sunday, December 11, 2011

Revlon Starry Pink and some jewelry!

It's cold(ish) (at least for southern Louisiana it's pretty cold!), and I am totally in holiday mode.  I recently started making some holiday jewelry just to satisfy that festive feeling.  I found myself at the bead store pawing at all of the red and green pretties, so I couldn't resist throwing together some bracelets and earrings.  I really like how they came out!  I may make some more for gifting.
Here's a couple:
Candy Cane Bracelet/Earring set
Holiday Bracelet/Earring set

I also painted my nails last night with a new polish I picked up a few weeks back.  I was in the mood for something feminine and something "snowy".. I think this did the trick! This is Revlon's "Starry Pink".  My nails are a bit stubby right now, as I recently broke one while playing with my cat.
I totally love this color..it's the first Revlon I think I've used in years but I kept seeing it swatched on blogs and fell in love.  I used three coats because the formula was a bit milky and sheer.  I can still see a little bit of nail underneath but it doesn't bother me.  I used two coats of OPI's Nail Envy (original formula) as a base and a coat of Seche Vite to finish it off.
Here's my cat Albus admiring the bottle, I think he likes it too! (or at least likes to knock it off the table):